- Reduced field service visits
- Improved problem/solution response time
- Improved network availability
- Improved facility security
- The Sentry 4805-XLS-16B is an intelligent unit that combines the functions of a power distribution panel and remote power management unit into a 2U 19"rack-mounted enclosure.
- Sixteen output terminal connections (eight per input) are rated to switch 10 amps. Each outlet is protected by interchangeable GMT fuses allowing for the current rating to be adjusted onsite.
- Use RS-232 and/or TCP/IP to monitor the status of key measurement values. Receive SNMP or email alerts as well as Syslog when a measurement value is out of a predefined threshold.
- Input Feed/Outlet "On Sense" - Verifies power at each power input/outlet connection.
- Load Sense - Provides an accurate, real time measurement of the current draw, in amps, for each power outlet.
- Environmental Sensors - Supports two external probes that each measure temperature and humidity.
|Sentry Cabinet PDU Specifications|
|Item #||Input||Rated Amperage||Low Current
(W x H x D)***
|-48V Switched 2x100A Inputs / 16x10A Outputs|
(2) -48VDC (-40 to -60) Input Terminal Blocks (+/- & G)
100A each, 200A total
(16) 10A max outlets protected with GMT fuses**
17” x 3.5” x 16”
(432 x 89 x 406mm)***
**Available GMT Fuse Values: 0.75, 1.0, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10 amp
***Dimensions exclude the 19” standard mounting brackets included with PDU
|> EMTH-1-1 Combination Temperature/Humidity Probe, 10ft (3m)
> EMCU-1-1B Environmental Monitor adding
- Two (2) EMTH-1-1 Temperature/Humidity Probes (one included)
- One (1) EMWS-1-1 Water Sensor (sold separately)
- Four (4) Dry Contact (NO/NC) monitoring points
- One (1) 8-bit analog-to-digital converter (0 to 5VDC)
> SPM (Sentry Power Manager)
- Monitor and manage multiple PDUs from a single point
- Monitor and manage alarm conditions
- Create reports and trends on stored data
- Control and analyze power usage per power supply and device
- Optional appliance or virtual version
- VMware READY
|> US & Canada (cTUVus Mark) to UL 60950-1:2007 and CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1-07
> EU (TUVGS Mark) to EN 60950-1:2006 +A11
> CE Mark
|Communications and Security|
|> 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
> SNMPv2c & v3
> RS-232 (Serial)
Remote Power Control
Individual or group outlet remote power control to cycle power and reboot any selected server(s) or other network device(s). Use TCP/IP (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, SNMP) or RS-232 to communicate with each Sentry Cabinet PDU and rectify locked-up network devices. Assign outlets to a group for control of dual-power supply servers and other gear with a single command. Create an unlimited number of groups with any combination of outlets associated to each group. Reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) a failing server by controlling individual power outlet receptacles to reboot any selected server or other device.
HTTP/HTTPs Web Configuration & Control
Use the Sentry Web interface to configure each unit, including network settings, outlet naming & grouping, SNMP traps for environmental & power thresholds and firmware updates. Also use the Web interface to control individual or group outlets and monitor key values, including amperage load(s), temperature/humidity and other environmental conditions. SSL security provides a secure HTTPs connection.
SNMP Management & Event Notification
The Sentry family of products supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This allows network management systems to use SNMP requests to retrieve information and control power for the individual outlets. The Sentry includes an SNMP v1 agent supporting standard MIB I and MIB II objects. A private enterprise MIB extension (Sentry3 MIB) is also supported to provide remote power control. SNMP traps can be generated for various events, including Input Current Load Thresholds (min & max), Temperature Thresholds (min & max), Humidity Thresholds (min & max), water indication, closed contacts (cabinet doors open/close), as well as notification of any time an outlet status is changed (on/off).
Rack Mount Enclosure
"Horizontal" rack-mount enclosures are 17" wide and include standard mounting brackets for 19" cabinet rails. 23" brackets also available.
Secure Access - SSH or SSL Protection
Secure Shell (SSH), known as Secure Socket Shell, is a Unix-based command interface and protocol for securely getting access to a remote device. Sentry supports SSHv2. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a commonly-used protocol for managing the security of a message transmission on the Internet. SSL is an integral part of most Web browsers (clients) and Web servers. Sentry supports SSLv3/TLSv1.
Firmware Flash Upgradeable LDAP/LDAPS
Individual input current monitoring ("Load Sense") provides real-time power measurement of the load in amps on each power inlet, accessible via firmware interface.
Serial control via any device with a bi-directional serial port, including a PC, laptop, KVM switch, Console Port Access switch, or terminal server.
24-Character Outlet Receptacle Names
Use the firmware interface (Web or serial) to edit individual outlet receptacles. Identify each receptacle with the device's serial number, IP address, asset allocation #, department or any other method to individually name outlets.