- Telephone Cable with cellular polyethylene insulation, jelly filled with petroleum jelly and a polyethylene coating.
- For use in the Local Distribution network.
- Insulated conductors uniformly twisted together to form a pair.
- The water resistant filling compound is applied to the air spaces within the cable core to provide the water-proofnes
- Wrapping is applied over the cable core.
- A flat aluminium foil coated with copolymer on both sides is applied longitudinally over the core covering as screen.
- Black linear-low density polyethylene compound is extruded over the screen.
Solid annealed bare copper conductors conforming to CCITT Yellow
Book Vol. III – 2-G.541 b article, IEC 28 and ASTM B3
Foam-skin polyolefin conforming to ASDM D1248 to BS 6234 Type 03
Twisted pairs, cabled into sub-units, cabled in a circular form
As indicated below
Water resistant filling compound, applied to the gaps between the pairs
Non hygroscopic polyester tape, wrapped with 30% overlap
A suitable tape, durably marked with the manufacturer’s name, year of
manufacture and type of cable is placed under the core covering
Water resistant ‑flooding compound, applied between the core wrap and
the aluminum foil
Screen ( Shield)
Copolymer coated aluminum foil having thickness of 0.3mm, bonded to
the outer jacket, conforming to ASTM B736
Black PE compound
Mechanical Parameters of basic conductors
Nominal Conductor Diameter (mm)
Maximum Conductor Diameter (mm)
Minimum Conductor Elongation, %
Insulated Conductor diameter (mm)
Insulation ultimate tensile force minimum (N)
DC resistance @20˚C Ohm/km Maximum Average
DC resistance @20˚C Ohm/km Maximum for 1% of cases
Mutual Capacitance nF/km, max Average
Mutual Capacitance nF/km, max for 1% of cases
Pair to pair capacitance unbalance, pF max
Insulation Resistance, 500V DC Minimum Mohm.km
Colour codes of unit
Colour of conductor insulation
A – wire
B – wire
Colour codes of tape lappings, Unit
Cable External Jellyfilled Screened Unarmoured 200Pr 0.5mm